For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Trip to the Motherland...




Since my mother would be celebrating her 70th birthday this week (today actually), we took a trip to Texas. We like to refer to it as "the motherland". Brad,the boys and I are native Texans, and if you can't guess we are very PROUD of it. Although we now live in another state, it is always nice to return HOME. The kids love going to visit their cousins. It always amazes me how the kids seem to disappear from the minute we arrive until the minute we must leave. Mandy and my niece Natalie share a special friendship and can't wait until they get to see each other. They share lots of secrets, whispers and giggles. It is fun to watch them be seven year old little princesses. All of the kids get along great, and play until they drop from exhaustion. It is always fun for me to get to visit with my mom, sisters and family. We spend lots of time catching up.

Saturday night we had a birthday party for my mom. A few of her friends and lots of family came to celebrate with her. I think it made for a special birthday for her. Our time always seems to go so quickly when we are there, but we enjoy every minute with our family.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Oh, they are SO sweet!!!
(I miss Mia...)

WHAT is going on with Nolan's hair?! I thought he got it cut?
:)

love you all!
Tami