For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Meet the Newest Member...

"Stick em up"... She loves to pose Studying with N...she spent many hours this week studying Pre-Algebra and learning about WWII...One smart kitty!
An adoring fan... she found a cozy lap to cuddle in... She thinks she might find a snack under the table..come to think of it she just might...always something dropped by this crew...
Just plain ole' adorable...

Ask Jasmine what she feels about a "new" cat in the house?.... This sweet thing is one of my Mother's Day gifts. She is 8wks old and seems so very tiny. Last year we were given the news that our sweet kitten "Rorie"(short for Princess Aurora)had FIV and had to be put down. It saddened our hearts because she was such a sweet tempered, very loving cat that made her rounds to love on us all. She captured ALL of our hearts. Now, I am an avid cat lover(yes, I openly admit this in spite of opposition from lots of people). I have always had a cat or kitten since I was a little girl. My favorite cat Muffin died at the age of 19. It is hard not to grow close to a pet who you have had through several phases of your life...highschool years, college, dating, marriage and having your first child(she and Nolan were best buds). So for many years now, I have wanted a cat(my own cat), and my loving hubby obliged. She is a "rescue" kitten adopted from a local organization that operates through our favorite pet store. She came to live at our house the Saturday before Mother's Day. The kids claim May 8th as her "gotcha day" (can you tell we are an adoption family?). It took several days for this baby to recieve a name. We tried out several on her...Ariel, Cupcake, Sunshine, and on and on. The name Violet stuck for a while(Nolan's cat is named Princess Jasmine)...but We (no I) was undecided. Then Brad said "Biscuit"...because I had Muffin and now Biscuit. So the name Biscuit has stuck. She is adorably cute and cuddly. She runs and plays,then jumps in a lap and falls asleep cuddled next to one of her adoring fans. She "loves" school and cuddles up just in time to hear stories being read, math work being done, or grammar being finished. I'm not sure how she is going to take it now that school is out...her adoring fans will be spending many hours outside and away from her. Come to think of it...maybe I will get more time to love on MY CAT!!!

2 comments:

Jill and Rick said...

Adorable!!

Jill (and Ashlie)

Sarah said...

Oh my! She is adorable!

Blessings,
Sarah