For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Nolan

Nolan and his baby brother

Well, I was supposed to do this post yesterday; however, our day was so full and I chose to enjoy time with the family. We had a small family picture session yesterday morning. We needed some family shots for our first post-placement visit coming up this Wednesday morning. We then took Nolan to lunch at Logan's Steakhouse. Following his birthday lunch, Nolan made the request that we go to Orange Leaf (a self serve yogurt place). All the kiddos enjoyed their yummy treat, but it did take Toby a while to warm up to the idea of eating something cold (as of now, he still likes warm water, warm milk...). This momma loved seeing all my kiddos enjoying their time together while celebrating their big brother's birthday. We returned home with a load of movies and a birthday cake. We piled on the couches and the floor to watch movies and snuggle away the afternoon. It was a very lazy, laid back day filled to the brim with family togetherness.
Happy Birthday To our oldest Son!! How is it that you are 15 years old today?! It seems as if it were just yesterday when you were born and placed in my arms. Then, I remember on your 6th birthday when you proudly announced, "Yeah! I'm a teenager now!"... "Not for several years my little man." Little did I know that those several years would go by in a flash, and now you are that teenager and growing into an amazing young man. Dad and I are so proud of you and the person you are becoming. We love your devotion to serving others and serving your Lord Jesus. We pray that God will always be the center of everything you do and that you will always show the love and compassion of Christ to all that you meet. We love you so very much!! Happy Birthday Nolan!

1 comment:

Gael said...

Loved the updates on your family!! Thank you Jesus :)