For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, August 19, 2013

School Time

 
Where? Oh, Where did Summer Go? I certainly do not know.
Nevertheless, It is time that we give our school year a show!(Okay, that is it for my rhyming...had a little "Dr. Seuss" moment.) 
 As an annual tradition on our first day of homeschool, daddy plays the bus driver, and usually, he will take the kiddos to pick up breakfast of some sort. This year, the family decided to eat out for our back-to-school breakfast. So, what did the kiddos choose?...Chick-Fil-a, of course! Even mom was invited to go along, Hip, hip, hooray! After an hour of food and fun, the bus headed back to school. The bus driver was kind enough to allow me off the bus, ahead of the crew, in order to take pictures on this the first day of school. Each of the kiddos seemed compliant with our back to school activities for the first time in several years. I am guessing that they have realized that mom is going to make them participate in this family tradition, and there is no amount of complaining that can get them out of it! Now picture taking  that is another matter... . They always try to hide from the camera...ok, well some do that and some love to smile for their audience.
Smiling for her peeps!

Busy eating and carrying on...

NOT A MORNING PERSON!

Mr. Sleepyhead, Mr. Easy-going, and Mr.Smiles

Ready for School

How many more are in that bus?

The School Crew... still a few who don't want summer to end.

Mr. Studious?...really?...Could you please just smile?

I told the teens to let me take a serious (good) start of school picture. These are the faces I got...
Our back-to-school kick-off was a great success. This year I staggered the start for each grade level (I get to do that, you know, since I am the teacher!). It simplified the day and allowed for a more relaxed time getting each grade level started. I am teaching a Junior (Nolan), a Freshman (Garrett), a Seventh grader (Mandy), a sixth grader (Nate), 2 third grades (Levi and Mia), and then my preschooler (Toby). It is our 11th year of homeschooling, and  I love the blessing of being given this time to spend with my children! Time is going by so quickly, and I am grateful that I can be at home with them each day. Yep, It is going to be a GREAT, GREAT year!

No comments: