For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Catching up...






I have tried to post on a couple of different occassions;however, we were having technical difficulties. I think we are back up and running finally...


Time sure flies when you are having fun. We have been busy over the last couple of weeks. I asked my "sweety" if we could paint and update our living area a bit( It was my "Valentine"). It is hard to tell by the pictures, but I really think it turned out beautifully. One of the things I wanted to do when we moved in was change the color of our entire living area. The original "green" color made the room appear smaller and much darker. We were able to complete almost all of the task (there are a few minor touchups left) in about two weeks. I have to laugh because we finally got around to changing it, and now we are considering selling our house.

We live in a wonderful 105 yr old home;however, it doesn't have much storage and not enough bathrooms. It is in need of some TLC, and with all the things we have going, we don't have the time or energy that it takes to maintain an older home. We are grateful for the home that God sent us to when we first moved here. We feel certain that it was a part of His plan for us ,and His leading us on the adoption journey. We are now praying about what God's next step is for our family, and we are feeling that a big step will be finding a home that will serve our family's needs. We are still at the planning and praying stages. Hopefully, we can make the decision, get the house in "selling" order, and listed by the end of March (if we act on our planning). The month of April will bring Mandy's surgery (rescheduled for April 7th), Garrett's birthday, and baseball. Brad gets so excited about the start of the baseball season that it is contagious (up to a point). Baseball ushers in the "busy" season for our family. I am looking forward to Spring, but there will not be very much down time at least until July.

Mandy is anxiously looking forward to her first birthday party ever (she likes to plan ahead...her birthday isn't until May 2nd). She has been asking me to help her mark off the days on a calendar. I have a lot to live up to, and I sure hope she isn't disappointed in the way her party turns out. Both girls are loving their dance classes, and they are preparing for a recital at the end of May. Mandy has a natural talent and love especially for ballet. Mia loves it all. She is so much fun to watch. She is surprisingly graceful and elegant as she dances. Both girls are just beautiful and radiate God's blessings to us.

I am so blessed to be a wife to a wonderful, loving husband, and to have five beautiful gifts from God, my children.

1 comment:

Jill and Rick said...

I see I'm not the only one with the painting bug! Your room looks great, Kim. I'll be watching for developments with house hunting and listing your home.

Jill