For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Grace is enough...

I came across the following on a daily devotional calendar. It spoke directly to my heart. It made me think how much more I should show compassion and mercy to those around me but most especially to my children. After all, God shows no less than that to me. I hope this speaks to you as well.
"Grace is a marvelous but elusive word. 'Unmerited favor' is the definition most of us know. It means self-giving, too, and springs from the person's own being without condition or consideration of whether the object is deserving." Elizabeth Elliot
"Grace is free, but it is not cheap. The grace of God is unearned and unearnable, but if we ever expect to grow in grace, we must pay the price of a conciously chosen course of action. "
Richard J Foster

No comments: