For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Look What I Did...



I had such a fun time this weekend preparing for and helping host a baby "adoption" shower. A young couple at our church are awaiting the news that they can travel to Taiwan to welcome their daughter home. This will be their first child, and she will be about 9months old when she comes home. The couple are part of our sunday school class, and we have found the common interest and passion of adoption.

I spent Friday and Saturday shopping and making the cake...yes, I made the cake... I surprised myself with how well it turned out. The only problem... I made too much (my kids loved the fact that I brought almost a whole cake home for them to eat)! The shower was a church shower, and you just can never guess how many will attend. We had a terrific time visiting and sharing the joy of these parents-to-be, and oh...the pink, the sweet, the girly things!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

The cake looks FABULOUS!! You did a great job but I'm NOT surprised. I think anything you decide to do, you can do it and do it well!

I wish this Kim was more like you!

Hope your week is going well...((HUGS)) from TX :-)

the other Kim

Tami said...

I feel like it's a Kim-a-palooza!
:)
The cake looks awesome! I especially love the colors!
Love you, friend!

Jill and Rick said...

Oh Kim, that cake is AWESOME!!! (I now have cake-envy)

Isn't it always exciting when our friends bring a child into the family?

Not Kim,

Jill