For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Visit from Nana

Loving from Aunt Ce...
Reading with Nana...

Loving from Nana...

Hugs for Mandy...
Hugging cousins...

The boys...I think there is Mischief written all over those faces...
The kids were so excited when my mom(Nana) called to say that she was coming for a visit this weekend. She,my sister, and my niece and nephew piled in the car and drove from Texas for a short 2 day visit. We didn't do anything overly exciting, but it was fun just having family in for a visit. The kids,especially Levi and my nephew J., played almost non stop. My niece,E.(she is 2yrs old) grew very close to Mandy. I do believe that Mandy was the only one she gave hugs willingly to. The kids had a great deal of fun just being together. My mom, my sister, and I spent lots of time talking and catching up. Along with lots of "gabbing", my sis and I made a couple of "tied" blanket/throws which we had originally planned to do during the Thanksgiving Reunion. Since we ran out of time over that busy week, we decided that this visit would be a good one in which to complete that project. We were able to get two blankets done in record time considering that we had 8 kids running around this house. I do have to sing praises once again for the blessing of this huge house. We never felt crowded. There were plenty of bathrooms, and everyone had a bed to sleep in(not that the kids slept in one...they all wanted to sleep on the floor watching movies). It turned into a very relaxed and comfortable weekend shared with the people we love.

No comments: