For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, March 6, 2009

It's SOLD!!!

Well after 11 months, our old home is finally sold! We closed on the house yesterday afternoon. Surprisingly, I had very mixed emotions. That old home held very special memories. I remember the instant love I felt when I first walked into that house. It held a sense of warmth and charm. I knew instantly that it was the home I would be living in when we first relocated from Texas. Then even more memories started flooding in, the memories of our little boys climbing the big staircase, kids laughter, birthday parties, friends visits, special times, preparing and waiting for our two precious girls, bringing our girls home to a forever family and their new room and the love poured into the remodeling and decorating projects are just a few. I often wished that I could have moved it to a larger pieces of land...that and that I had time to add a little more elbow grease and money to renovate it the way it should have been. I am grateful for our wonderful new home and know without a doubt that it was the perfect move for our family.I know that we will be making many more memories here, yet I still feel a sense of sadness at saying goodbye to the old house. I pray that the family who lives in the old house will treasure its quaintness and beauty as we did. Thank all of you for your prayers over the last few months.

3 comments:

Jill and Rick said...

I know that it's a relief to have the old home sold, but I completely understand the nostalgic feelings! It's a part of your memories and a part of your life.

Here's to making new memories in the new house.

Jill

Connie J said...

Praise the Lord He provided a buyer for your old home, and praise Him for all the memories you will forever cherish in your hearts. Look at all the memories you're already making in your new home.
Love you all~

Susan said...

Congrats! Hope you all are doing well.