For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, August 6, 2010

On This Day, We Wed...

Sixteen Years! It still boggles my mind how quickly that sixteen years has passed. Brad and I got married on a hot August day in Ft. Worth Texas. I remember that day vividly. It was hot,hot, hot...nothing like a Texas summer day. We got married at an old Cattle Baron's Mansion, Thistle Hill. It was a beautiful, historic home near the hospital district in Ft Worth. I loved that we were surrounded by our closest family and friends. It was a beautiful ceremony that Brad's Dad officiated for us. Brad sang, "I Cross My Heart" (you know the George Strait song). I remember being a little nervous, very much in love, and trying not to cry, especially during the song...our song. The whole ceremony was so very US! We vowed on that day that God and Jesus would be the center of our marriage, and from that day forward, we would face whatever came our way together. This sixteen years has certainly been filled with great "highs" and some very bad "lows", but we faced them together with God as our guide. I am grateful for the man that God gave me for a husband. He is an amazing, giving, and loving man. I love to watch as he "fathers" our chuldren and sets a godly example for their lives. He is a wonderful provider, protector and my knight in shining armor. I look forward to sharing forever with him... My grandparents shared 68yrs of wedded bliss before my grandmother was called home to be with Jesus. I pray that God will bless our marriage and that we can see almost as many years together.
I Love you Brad! Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary!!