For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy 5th Mia Day !

5 years ago today a precious, very scared little girl was placed in my arms(still can not wrap my mind around the fact that it has been 5 years). It is a day that I will never be able to describe, and one that I will never be able to forget. God blessed our family with a little girl. Her Chinese name is Le le and it means joy, happiness. We can never argue that the name fit her, and it is definitely proof that God knows us all by name! She is abounding in JOY!!!
She bounced into our room this morning (unfortunately it was after daddy had left for work) and she announces, "momma, I am so HAPPY! It is my Gotcha Day!" She gives me a huge hug and says "I am so glad that I got you mommy!"... Oh baby girl I am so happy I got you!... She follows that with "I want to write a letter to God. God, Thank You for my family. Thank You for my baby brudder! Thank You for China!...and I want to go to the mountains!" ... Baby Girl, I think he heard your prayer...You are the answer to our prayers. You are a precious gift from God! Thank You Jesus for this precious child that brings such Joy to our home and family!
Happy Gotcha Day Qing Cheng Le! Our Mia!

2 comments:

Tami said...

happy mia day!!! thankful that we have walked this long - and winding - road together! i *really* think the girls need to see eachother...

Howard and Kim said...

a little late here, but happy Mia day!!! Maybe you should just celebrate all week and have a happy Mia week!! :)