For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Birthday G-Baby!!


...he will be mad at that... but, He will be forever my G-Baby! Today our second son turns twelve. I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around how fast time goes by. In my mind I picture him as the teeny-tiny baby placed in my arms in the NICU. He was born almost 8 wks early... beautiful,perfectly formed... just tiny. I was unable to hold him at first because of the "tramatic" delivery (a shock to my body and his). So, I first got a good look at him the next morning... still unable to hold him. He made rapid progress... holding him for the first time at about 5 days and coming home after 10 days in the NICU. He has been a fighter ever since! He has an innate sense of fairness and justice, and he will fight until his last breath for the right thing, for the underdog, and for the underpriveleged. He still amazes me with his tender heart! He will give anything he has if there is a person in need, and I do mean anything...his shirt, his shoes, his last dime. I remember one day that he gave his allowance up so that the kids in our neighborhood could have ice cream from the ice cream truck. Garrett is such an amazing helper! He is always willing to pitch in and help when he sees a need. He will work hard with little or no complaining, and he is even more willing if there are people near as he is working. One warning though...He LOVES TO TALK!!(He talks a lot and talks rather rapidly) ... He wants to be a Chef... I think he may be a lawyer; although, he is becoming a terrific cook. He has always loved helping me in the kitchen and that is in part how the G-baby nickname stuck. He loves watching a food show on TV. He especially liked a certain famous chef ... one day in our kitchen, helping mom with dinner (he is about 3 yrs at the time), He was stirring some veggies and lifted his spoon and exclaimed... "We Will Be Right Back on G-Baby Live, BAM!  He still has plenty of time to choose a carrer...so who knows.  I do know that he is a child of God, that he loves Jesus with all his heart and that he will serve his Saviour to the best of his ability.
Happy Birthday My Precious Boy! Happy Birthday Garrett!

No comments: