For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Forever And a Day

It has been forever and a day since I have posted anything! I have to confess... I love to blog. It seems to be good therapy and soothes my soul. As an added benefit, I can keep a recorded history of our family happenings. This is where the difficulty comes in...the family and those family happenings often prevent me from having the necessary time to blog. It is a vicious cycle of wanting to blog, needing to blog but never finding the time. So,  at this moment in time, I have managed to eek out a little time to play catchup with the happenings in our family. I have missed blogging and hope that I still have a few faithful followers out there.
Lets see...where did we leave off? ! I believe that my last brief post was on our anniversary. Our August continued to be filled with some wonderful family times. We were blessed with the ability to rent a beach house in Ft Morgan Alabama(very near Gulf Shores). It was hands down a wonderful vacation filled with lots of family fun and peacefulness. I will post a seperate post with lots of pictures. Following the vacation, we celebrated our little girls 8th birthday with a swim party. Then we had our annual start of school celebration and homeschool got underway. September brought the start of dance classes for our girlie-girls, and school was in full swing.October brought many doctor appointments and a difficult family change (more details in another post). We celebrated our "animal loving" boy's 11th birthday with a backyard extravaganza complete with a bonfire, smores, and a archery contest. We sent out October with a Fall Festival "Trunk or Treat"at our church. November came in like a lion with more schooling, more doctor appointments, and surgery on my elbow which put a kink in everyday happenings around here. We are looking forward to spending a quiet Thanksgiving with just our immediate family.
It continues to surprise me at how quickly a month can go by and even years as we watch our children grow. Life continues to bless us with all the goodness of a large family full of "busy-ness". Never in my wildest dreams could I have ever imagined that God would grant all my hearts desires to be a wife and a momma to many!
Looking forward to updating you all in further post...stay tuned!

No comments: