For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, May 23, 2011

A Day in the House with Ten

Here is just a glimpse of  our first day with ten in the house:
Get up, find 8 pairs of clothing (the 2 oldest can do that for themselves)
Breakfast
Cleanup
(10 min. later) Snack Time
Cleanup
Lunch
Cleanup
(10 min. later) Snack time
A short Happy Nappy (did I say short)
Play a game
Snacktime
Cleanup
Dinner
Cleanup
(10 min later) Snack
A Movie ( only 4 stayed put watching it)
Change into Pj's and then milk all around
(They wanted a snack but I had to draw the line somewhere)
Everyone is in bed,finally, after 4 or 5 things to keep them up
*Big Sigh*.... I am going to bed.
It really was a good day. The kids did great...only a few minor squabbles and a couple of times that we had to have cuddle and rock time ( the best part in my opinion). We could use some dry, sunny days though... looks like another rocky and stormy day tomorrow. Please be in prayer for the people and town of Joplin, MO. Several friends were affected by the tornado; however, everyone we know is safe.

2 comments:

Howard and Kim said...

So thankful you guys are safe, and can I just say following your blog the next couple of weeks is going to be 'almost' as exciting as following another family's blog. :) Hugs to you, sweet family!!!

Jill and Rick said...

Kim, I'm exhausted just reading about your day! Hang in there! (and stay safe in these storms)

Thinking of your family,

Jill