For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Story of my Dove

I just have to share this story...

When I was pregnant with Garrett, I went into pre-term labor. It required a hospital stay in which the doctor hoped to keep me there until Garrett could be born as close to term as possible. It wasn't to happen (but we will save that story for another day). While I was hospitalized , I had a "visitor" every day sitting on the ledge of my hospital window. It was a beautiful dove. She stayed on the ledge the entire time I was there...leaving at night to get food and returning every morning. She would sit watching over me( not out at the street). She was so noticeable that the nurses began to comment on her prescence every day.

Now skip forward a couple of years... I am pregnant with Nate, and Brad calls me outside to look in the tree of our front yard(then in Texas). There nesting in our tree is a beautiful dove. She was watching over her nest and our home.
My dove in Texas...just beautiful!

Now skip forward 6 years... I went outside with Brad yesterday. We were discussing some clean-up projects on the backyard. I mentioned that one of the dead looking trees probably should be cut out. I was looking at the tree, and I discovered .... a dove nesting! She was watching over her egg and looking at our children.

Now before you get any ideas... I am not pregnant(not possible)! I don't believe in signs or anything of the sort, but doves are very special to me. As Brad commented... everytime we find a dove ...good things happen. ( of course, I would love it if God would pave the way for us to adopt again...but not sure my hubby is quite ready for that yet...he is keeping an open mind...and he tells me that he can see us with 6 kids... but our finances are tapped out at the moment.)

Anyway....here's to praying for those good things to happen!!
Can you see her?

JUST BEAUTIFUL!!My Dove...

2 comments:

Jill and Rick said...

I love the story of your doves, Kim. So special.

Jill

Connie J said...

Kim~
That is amazing! Praying God's blessings upon you!