For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fourteen Years ...

The year...2005 The Year...2006

The year ...2007
Yesterday, Brad and I celebrated 14 years of marriage. We couldn't help but think back to last years anniversary and relive our day in China(our daughter had just joined our family a few days before). We didn't even travel that far away for our honeymoon! This years celebration was very uneventful and very boring compared with last year. I cooked a nice dinner, and we enjoyed spending time with our kids.
We have been so very blessed! We found each other...or better yet, God placed us together. Brad was working in a town 2 hours away from where I lived and worked. We met by chance, as I was visiting a friend and co-worker at her parents home in the town where Brad worked. He doesn't claim to believe in "Love at First Sight", but I knew instantly (I had been searching for many years... we met when I was 28). We spent most of our courtship long distance dating, and over the course of that time Brad relocated and changed jobs twice(within the same company,but different locations). He claims that I chased him all over the state of Texas...I guess technically I did. We were engaged 4 months later and married 10 months after that. It still amazes me as I look back over the past years and take to heart the many blessings God has given to us. Five of the greatest blessings are our "five chili peppers" and the unique stories of how each of them came to join our family. God has taken us on an amazing journey, and I am so in LOVE with my husband... my very best friend. We look forward to living out the rest of God's story for our lives together.

5 comments:

Tami said...

Congrats on 14 years! God is good and faithful!!!
Love to you both,
Tami and Chris

Connie J said...

Happy 14th Anniversary to two very special and very blessed people!
Love~

Jill and Rick said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jill

~Mis-Wen~ said...

Love the "blast from the past" pictures! :) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Blessings!
Wendy

Kim said...

Happy 14 years!

You have a beautiful family!

Continued blessings to you and your family,

Kim