For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, August 2, 2008

They're Back...

The boys returned from camp yesterday afternoon. We picked them up last evening from a friend's house. We shared dinner, and all the boys chattered away with excitement. It sounds as if they were kept incredibly busy. I don't think any of them minded one bit except they were exhausted. We got to listen to camp songs on the return drive home... almost to the point of driving their dad and I crazy. It did keep them awake on the ride home, and then they crashed in their beds. The joys of being young...
Our house selling saga continues... we had another offer on our old home. We made a counter offer, and thought everything looked good but....before the counter offer was even presented the buyer changed his mind. It is getting very frustrating. We know the house is old. We know it needs work done. We listed it at rock bottom price because of these reasons, but buyers (in this market) want perfect condition for no cost(something for nothing). We do know that it appraised for a lot higher than even we thought... I know that it will sell eventually but sometimes it is hard not to get down and out... and why do I always take it so personally?? I hate selling homes almost as much as I hate moving... I think I want to stay in my new home for a nice long time!!

No comments: