For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happenings...

This month will bring several "happenings" for our family. First, our custody hearing for Levi will take place this Thursday. Please pray that all will go well, for Levi, and for both families involved. Second, I(Kim) will be speaking Saturday morning to a group of ladies from our church giving my adoption testimony. I have felt like God is leading me to share and perhaps begin an Orphan/Adoption ministry in our church. Please pray that I will open hearts to the ministry of orphans and that I will share God's plan for my life in a way that will Glorify Him! Third, Mandy will have Phase 3 of her ear reconstruction surgery on October 30th. This will be a day surgery; however, it is a bit more detailed than Phase 2. The surgeons will be working on both ears. Apparently, they have to use a small amount of cartiledge from the right ear to add to the left. Please pray that the surgeon(s) will have a steady hand, and that Mandy's heart will be prepared for this third surgery. In addition, please pray for safe travels to and from Little Rock for our family.
The "Old" house still remains unsold. The showings have dwindled to almost non-existance, but apparently that is the case all over town(and the across the nation). Our agent thinks that we have listed it at an excellent price (the lowest we should go). We continue to rely on God's timing and know that He can do what seems to be the impossible. So, we lift it up in prayer, as well.
October seems to be bringing a lot of "stuff" ... it promises to fly by all that much faster. I am just enjoying every moment and concentrating on the joys of raising my very big, very busy, very wonderful family.
...Oh, my friend Tami got her TA and is headed to China in the next few weeks to bring her little boy home. Please join us as we pray for safe travels and easy transitions for that sweet baby and his wonderful family.

No comments: