For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday,Nate!

The Birthday Boy...
A Pirate Birthday Cake... Nate asked momma to "make" him a chocolate cake... Waiting Not SO Patiently...Gifts...Don't you just love the gift wrap... Just the present he wanted...
Nate's big brother wanted to give him a gift... he gave Nate some of his prized "mini-skateboard" stuff... Nate was thrilled!

Seven years ago, a sweet baby boy was born. He had made it against all odds! I had miscarried his twin early in the pregnancy,and the doctor warned us, that usually with twins, the other can miscarry as well. But, Nate was a fighter! He grew and developed on target, and I even carried him to term. I remember well the moment they laid him in my arms. He was so beautiful and looked as if he were a replica of his older brothers. He had my heart with one look into his captivating blue eyes. He was such a good baby(he was saving the challenges for the toddler years) and was so content. At the age of 15 months, he would again have a struggle with a series of serious stomach and intestinal issues. With God's hand, many prayers and a skilled surgeon, Nate would not only recover but thrive. I still stand amazed ever time I glance into this little boys face. I stand amazed at the gift that God gave us!
I find such pleasure in watching this child grow! He is maturing into such a terrific young man. He continues to be a "dog" lover, but his love for animals is expanding to all varieties. I wonder if he will be a vet, but then I am not sure if that will cover it...maybe a zoologist? God has blessed this little boy with a very creative nature,as well. He is quite the artist.... We have always known that he was a wonderful story teller. He has loved telling amazing adventure tales since he could talk. We have seen a "budding" artist mature(my aunt can share some stories about our little "Picasso", as she lovingly calls him). His dad and I marvel at some of his drawings. He loves to illustrate many of the stories that he tells, and he is now loving the fact that he has learned to spell enough to write out some of the words he wants to say. It is great fun to read the wonderful tales that he puts in his journal. He can spend many hours occupied with drawing,creating and writing. What an amazing brother he has become... he has always loved his big brothers and spends as much time with them as he can, but the loving,protective brother that he has become to all of his siblings is astounding. He has gone from the little boy who told us to leave his baby sister in China("We don't need any little girls here")to being his sisters champion. He will be the first to defend any of his siblings and has opened his heart to knowing and loving all of his siblings,most especially his sisters and baby brother. This child's kind and compassionate nature has served to teach and humble me.
When Nathaniel Adam was born, I knew that God intended something big for this young man. His daddy and I are so proud of him! We look forward to watching the plans God has for his life as he continues to grow.
We are so very blessed! Happy 7th Birthday my sweet Nate!!

2 comments:

Jill and Rick said...

Happy Birthday Nate!!! I didn't realize our birthdays were so close together. I LOVE October, don't you?? It looks like you had a great birthday celebration. (& an awesome cake!)

Jill

Kim said...

Kim...You made that cake??? It is ADORABLE...PLEASE...is there anything you can't do?

Happy Birthday Nate!!

We need to get together and meet...we need to do it. How about this coming Spring...let's try. I am so thankful you have a blog and we met...I absolutely love you and your precious family to pieces!