For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Good Morning World!

Eating Breakfast

Waiting on the School Bus. " This book is so good. I can't stop reading it!"

She wasn't awake when the others were, but she is such a cutie...I had to include this pic.

Already smiling this morning! Such JOY!

Thinking about something...

Ready for School and Oh So HAPPY!

Not sure she is awake just yet, nor is she "really ready" for school, but she's smiling ...

We have been having a grand old time here with the Kkrew. It is such a pleasure to spend time with these beautiful children! Our family seems to just meld into their family, and everyone works together stupendously; however, this blending is not without its challenges. Mostly, they are my challenges. I am not a morning person...never have been... I try desperately to get better at starting earlier. I am a semi-structured person, but find it hard to fit into a rigid schedule. So, this homeschooling mom is having a difficult time with the routine of "go-to-school" children. Not that we are not getting it done... I am just a bit slower and more awkward at it. I am sure I have forgotten many things(like 2 of the girlies forgot their glasses yesterday morning). The kids and their teachers are being so forgiving (sending papers back that didn't get signed, helping the kiddos with homework they missed, etc...). I am finally getting into the swing of things and guess what?... we only have 2 more days of school before Spring Break!
         The Home-school crowd sleeps a little later, and then we get started on our schooling while the others are away at school. It has worked well that way, and our kiddos are used to a later start. We are accomplishing lots and lots in our schooling while here. The preschoolers (the Tob-man and the mini-K girlie) are having a great time keeping each other entertained. They enjoy coloring, playdough, studying their alphabet and counting while the big kids do their school. I  often hear Tob-man gently instruct the precious girlie, and she is so sweet to him in return... they are quite the pair!
      All the kiddos have been busy playing and exploring outdoors in the warm sunshine after school. We then eat the scrumptious food that we have been so graciously blessed with...then, homework and/or silent reading, baths and then we all meet together to listen to Charlotte's Web (a very good way to calm this large crew before bed). Then it is off to bed. Our days are filled with this same routine during the school week....Next week though... we are taking a road trip to Missouri! We will have many more pictures of our exciting adventures, and I am sure that there will be quite a few stories to share. Come on along and enjoy the FUN...!

1 comment:

Connie J said...

Miss Kim, I know you're not a morning person, but you are doing an amazing job! I told the teachers that you would rock this school thing! Thank you so much for posting!!!!! Love all of you!!!!