For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, March 31, 2008

Baseball

Well it's official...baseball season has started for our household. The older boys had tryouts on Saturday. Dad had to be up at the fields all day, so mom got to play taxi all morning. It was Garrett's turn first, and he and Nolan went to the fields with dad. After G's turn, mom gets the call to come for both boys...it is very damp and chilly outside. "How did it go, G-?", asked mom. "I didn't hit very well. I missed the catch, but I ran really fast," responded the G-man.
We went and picked up burgers for lunch and took dad his. Nolan's tryouts were next. We left him with dad and returned home. I am still packing boxes, sorting and cleaning. I managed to get several of the "garage sale" items sorted into boxes, and then there was the call to come get Nolan. Nolan was very hyped up and excited...so, I posed the same question to him (expecting him to share his great tryout success). His answer, " I did average mom". He was just happy... a boy and his favorite game... Baseball is starting!
Practices begin this week (if we don't get rained out) and then games will start next month. My goal for finishing the house and listing it with a realtor is passing right before my eyes. We are so close to having it ready... rain has delayed the "curb appeal" update we need to make to the yard and to the front of the house. We have several things that need to go to storage...again the rain delay. Then there is final cleanup. If we can just work in the time to finish it soon... a slight delay of a week is the new goal. Wish us luck....

No comments: