I was tagged by Tami.
HERE'S HOW YOU PLAY. ONCE YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED YOU HAVE TO WRITE A BLOG OF TEN WEIRD, RANDOM THINGS, FACTS OR HABITS ABOUT YOURSELF. AT THE END, YOU CHOOSE FIVE PEOPLE TO BE TAGGED, LISTING THEIR NAMES AND WHY YOU CHOSE THEM TO BE TAGGED. DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE THEM A COMMENT "YOU'RE IT" AND TO READ YOUR BLOG. YOU CAN'T TAG THE PERSON WHO TAGGED YOU. SINCE YOU CAN'T TAG THAT PERSON BACK, LET HIM OR HER KNOW WHEN YOU'VE POSTED YOUR BLOG SO HE OR SHE CAN READ YOUR ANSWERS.
This should be interesting...
1) I guess one of my random things is that I am not very computer savy. I have minimal training in computers, and I have only been a part of the "blogging" world for a couple of months now.
2) I am an obsessive compulsive about many things. Yes it is true! I like my clothes organized just so in the closets, in the dresser, and towels in the linen closet. I want the laundry folded a certain way. I guess that is why I am the one stuck folding the mounds of laundry at our house.
I have had to learn to be less like this because I can drive myself crazy.
3) I am a night owl. I would much rather stay up late to finish projects and complete work than to have to rise early. It is rather difficult to be a night owl with several early risers in my family.
I still get very irritated at those "chipper" morning people until around 9 am.
4)I used to be an avid Football fan (especially for the Dallas Cowboys). I had to stop watching football because I found myself being a poor winner and loser. ...plus I married a baseball fanatic, so baseball became the sport of choice in our home.
5) I love to read!! I love to read anything I can get my hands on.
6) I am a romantic and very passionate about life. I tend to get on soapboxes and share my opinions passionately about most things.
7) I love children! This is probably not news to any who would read this. I am a passionate advocate for children, and most especially for adoption! I love to witness God at work in the way He has created children. I love to watch them work, to talk to them, to see them accomplish goals, to see them play together and laugh together. It is my prayer that I will always be surrounded by loving children even at the ripe old age of 90.
8) I am quirky/picky about food quality. I love to cook and have specific brands of ingredients, fresh foods, and food preparation items that I find necessary to cook. Aren't all good chefs like that?
9) Communicating and talking with others is a "quirk" of mine. Most of my friends and family would probably agree that sometimes I can talk too much. I love language, and teaching others about the importance of language/reading skills. I took many years of Spanish and several of French in highschool/college. I thought that I would major in Spanish; however, I quickly discovered that I was ill equipped to speak it fluently enough to be an international interpreter. I have had several years of training in Sign Language, as well. I wish I had a better aptitude for speaking different languages. I would love to use it to help with bible translations and communicating the message of Jesus.
10) I try to be a people pleaser. I hate conflicts of any kind, and try to restore peace whenever possible. I was always the "good girl" growing up, mostly because I didn't want anyone to be unhappy with me. I don't like hurting anyones feelings and although I learned to speak up/ speak about my passions, I try to do so lovingly and without hurting anyone.
So... I am supposed to tag five people;however, most of the people I know who blog have already been tagged. I am going to tag
Connie ( I know you are in China, but what else are you going to do on those last days in Guangzhou when you don't want to see another shop, and you are more than ready to come home). ...so I am not as nice as Wendy and Tami
Brad, I already know a lot of his quirks, but I want to see what he says...
.... and if anyone else wants to play along that reads my blog,please feel free to join in...just let me know when you have posted on your blog.