Being Mom to 7 and playing mom to 9 over the last week has been quite the learning experience. If you missed it...that is 16!
Here are a few of the things I have learned:
1) There is not much time for picture taking...hence no pictures of late.
2) It is not something I would ever want to do all alone! Although I can do whatever God has in store for me, I am more than grateful that He leads my steps and gives me strength and encouragement each and everyday! I am also very grateful for the man that God has blessed me with to be the love of my life, my husband, my helpmate, and father to all my children. (Brad had a business meeting in Tulsa,so he took our teen boys and one K-teen with him. They continued on back to our house to take care of our animals, and to attend youth group last night. I missed them!... and Brad!... and the extra help for taking the middles and littles to church dinner and church last night!)
3) Patience is a learned art! I am so very weak in this area, and I pray for God to give me an extra measure of grace and compassion each and every day. I do this when dealing with my seven and continue these prayers everyday while here!
4) When the toddlers, 2 three yr olds and a 4 year old, awaken at the same time as the school crew (6:45)... It means a very long and taxing day... this is when my prayers for that extra measure of grace sometimes become prayers by the minute. Oh, and they get an early nap time!
5) It is amazing what God's church, his people, can do when they serve him whole-heartedly! The church body here has blessed us immensely! They have shown generosity, providing enormous amounts of food to keep this Krew fed (many have brought dinners and several have brought extra groceries to help), offering encouragement and praying for our families.
6)Laundry is laundry...never ending no matter how many kids you have, but with 16 it is a constant process... (2 washers and 2 dryers would be like heaven for moms of many... I am sure Ms Connie would be oh so grateful if anyone wanted to hook her up with this :)!)
7) I think a family closet would be AWESOME!! ...Brad, would you get right on building one of those in our house? and I am sure that Ms Connie would love one in her house too! ... (just kidding babe..well sort of)
8) Assembly line, assembly line, assembly line...this helps make meal time a little more sane.
9)I still don't like "bath time"...don't like it at home, and I still haven't found anything to make it easier.
10) I Love.Love.Love kids!!! (Yes, still!... and always!)
I still stand in awe of the way that all the kiddos get along and the understanding that they show one another. Each child has shown compassion toward one another. There is little to no complaining, and for the most part, they all just go with the flow. They are a precious group of kiddos! (I may change my mind after they are home together for Spring Break next week. :) )
Thank You all for your continued prayers!