For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Milk and Cookies....

The kids and I rolled and cut out the cookies the night before... Do I want to cut an angel or a stocking?...the last tray of cookies was baked by 11pm. The gang's all here...this is the older kiddos table...6 different colors of icing, sprinkles, sugars, candys,etc....
The younger kiddos table... getting ready...It takes lots of concentration to frost those cookies just right...
I like the "emeM's" the best... Let's put lots on my cookie momma!Not sure just how many cookies the boys actually got to take home...They ate them almost as quickly as they decorated them. We finally had to put a stop to that ...boys on sugar overload,"Oh my!!"
Almost done...
Look at our beautiful Christmas cookies!! Another yearly tradition...
Every year we roll, cut, bake and decorate Christmas cookies. My mother started this tradition when my siblings and I were young, and it lasted until we had families of our own(we still like to do this when we are all home for Christmas). Some of my fondest memories come from baking and cooking with my mom and grandma, and so this tradition holds a special place in my heart. I started this tradition with my kiddos almost from the time they could sit in a highchair and "lick the spoon". We find pleasure in sharing the cookies almost as much as we like decorating them. It just warms your heart to see the smile it brings when a filled cookie tin is placed in someone's hands. I love making these memories with my children! Several years ago, we broadened our cookie decorating and started inviting friends to join in on the decorating fun. This year we had quite a crowd helping. After a quick lunch, we crowded around two tables and began decorating lots of cookies. The children each had a special way of decorating, and their creations were their own to take home. Our house was full of lots of kiddos, lots of noise and much chaos. It made this momma's heart sing... nothing better than a houseful of happy children and the blessing of sharing good times with friends.